Monday, July 4, 2011

Who Knew?

Okay, so lots of people know this, but I just went for my first run with a running partner last week and finally discovered why it's a great thing.

Sue and I have done some races together, but our paces are so different (i.e., she is far faster than I am) that we only start together. Last week, while I was visiting my in-laws, my sister-in-law and I went for a run together. She was nervous that she would slow me down, and my concern was that I wouldn't be able to carry on a conversation while running, given that I get winded enough as it is by myself. It turns out that neither of us had anything to worry about. Our paces were quite well matched and the conversation flowed quite well. In fact, it really made the time fly by.

I don't think this would work for my normal routine (it's hard enough to fit in runs as it is around the work and family schedule), but I definitely look forward to the next time I will have a chance to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment