Sunday, June 10, 2012

Becoming One of "Those" Runners

Training for the half marathon has done a lot of good things for my running, but possibly the most amusing (and, admittedly, proud) developments is that I am now, somewhat regularly doing things that I thought only hard core runners did.

Most notably, about a month ago I ran a 10K. However, the training plan schedule had us running eight miles that day. So after a hard, hot 10K (which will get its own post at some point) I regrouped while attending the awards ceremony, got some fluids, and then headed back out to do two more miles.

Similarly, a few weeks ago, I had an hour long run on tap for the evening. It was raining lightly when I left the house, but the radar looked promising. Wrong. The rain increased to a steady, albeit not heavy, drizzle. I logged my time, doing the whole run in the rain, which is something I'd never done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment