Sunday, April 25, 2010

Race Day

I did it! The race went great. The rain showers took a break from about 4 a.m. until 11 a.m., which was perfect for the race. I finished with no problems and feel fine. I did have to take a few walk breaks; I did about 9 minutes of walking total, so I will work on improving that in future races. I ran about the first 1.4 miles before taking the first walk break.

Anyway, numbers! I finished in 37.53 minutes, which was 2569th place (out of 2924). It's my first race, so that counts as a PR in my book! In fact, I'm very pleased with that number, as I wasn't sure if I would manage to finish in under 40 minutes.



The girl who is flying on the left side of the picture passed me seconds later.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself, and 1.4 miles before a walk break is fantastic!

    Oh, and darn those pesky little kids anyway. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your first 5k, Lois--very cool. And it'll get easier from here. You should be very proud of yourself. RLAM!

    ReplyDelete