Saturday, April 24, 2010

Right Around the Corner

Tomorrow is race day! I've picked up my packet (bib #700!). I have my clothes all picked out. I've studied the map. I have a plan for getting to the race. Now I just need it to get here. It's kind of like when you are all ready for a test and just want to take it. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep well tonight.

I am fairly certain that I will end up having to walk for part of the race, but I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised if I don't. The forecast calls for rain, which will be something new for me, but I have a cap and will clean off my glasses as needed. Mostly, I am trying to keep a clear head and positive attitude that this race is all about the experience and I just want to enjoy it. I will report back when it's over.

W8D1: 2.64 miles, 34.21 minutes
W8D2: 2.23 miles, 34.32 minutes
W8D3: 2.4 miles, 30.53 minutes
W9D1: 2.56 miles, 32.11 minutes
W9D2: 1.13 miles, 13.26 minutes (had to shorten for time)

No comments:

Post a Comment