Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

I watched my first marathon today. I went out to cheer for my friend Josh, to take in the atmosphere, and to get inspiration by watching all of these amazing runners.

I'm so impressed by anyone who goes out to run a marathon. That will probably never be part of my running quest, but it certainly is inspiring. It was amazing to watch the elite and fast-paced runners. (I wasn't able to stay too long, so I only saw the wheelchair racers through the 3 hour pace group.) I was fascinated by the wheelchair racers, both by their strength and by all the different race chairs they used. (Yes, I am the daughter of a mechanical engineer.) The most moving part for me was watching the racer with prosthetic legs running. I don't even know how to put into words how or why that choked me up, but it was quite a moment.

Congratulations to everyone out there running today!

No comments:

Post a Comment