Monday, April 30, 2012

Consistent

Yesterday was the Ravenswood Run 5K, my annual first race of the season. It was a beautiful morning for a run -- temps right around 50 and fairly clear skies. This was my first race with a run/walk game plan, and it is amazing the consistency it brought to my race. Every mile was within 15 seconds of each other, and the last was two seconds faster than the second.

I didn't PR, but I met my secondary goal of staying under 40 minutes (39:19), and I am quite pleased with my steady pace throughout the race.

Today I get a rest day in my training plan since I did the race yesterday. I think I should use that time to more closely investigate foam rollers. I've been thinking of getting one for a while, and it's going to be a necessary tool as the mileage starts increasing in the training program. In other equipment news, I got new shoes, but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment