Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inspiration

I love how interested Alex is in my running. It surprises me that at this young age he is so intrigued by it.

Often I run after he goes to bed, but I'll usually change into my running clothes before he goes down so he knows I'm going out for a run. The other day he was having a really bad morning and was crying and sobbing. I went into his bedroom and held him to help calm him down. In between the sobs he asked me "Did you have a good one?" And I'm thinking, "A good what?" I thought he might have been asking if I had a good night's sleep because we often talk about that in the morning. The honest answer to that would have been, "No, because you've been up since 4:30." But I asked him to repeat himself and after a few tries he finally calmed down enough to ask more clearly, "Did you have a good run?"

I almost burst into tears. Here he was, so upset, but the first thing he thought of when he saw me was to ask if I had had a good run. You bet I did, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment