Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Am A Battery

Bill over at Shredheads had a post earlier this week about an "epic run" that he had. He used a visualization technique imagining his legs as batteries with the goal of not depleting their charge. I tried this with tonight's run, and it totally worked!

I was quite nervous about tonight's run because I had been struggling with running for five minutes at a time, and tonight I was supposed to run for eight minutes twice. However, the battery technique helped me have an ease to my running that has never existed before. I almost felt like my hips were pulling back as I ran and like there was an element of floating to my movement. After the first eight minute segment, I felt like I could have kept on running, which is good because my next outing calls for 20 minutes of running.

W5D2: 2.23 miles, 30.10 minutes

1 comment: