Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The First Morning Run

Now that the sunrise is creeping earlier and earlier, running in the morning is becoming a viable option. We had a warm front come through yesterday so this morning was in the low 50s, and I was up early so I decided to give a morning run a try. It started off pretty well, but went down hill from there. I don't know if I should have had more to drink before hitting the road to be better hydrated or if it was just an off day. I mangaged to run the first 10 minute segment but couldn't pull off the second one. I ran for 6 1/2 minutes, walked a bit, and then did one more block before rounding the corner to home with a bit more walking to cool down. I will probably try to repeat this run before moving to W6D3.

On the plus side, I saw the first tulip and daffodil flowers of the season on this run, so that was a nice boost for my spirits.

W6D1: 2.23 miles, 30.50 minutes
W6D2: 2 miles, 27.01 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment